Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Quiet Confidence

This week has been extremely hectic. Work is at a peak; I'm working on a super-cool project which I can't talk about here. I've gotten a bit of freelance, too, which will help pay the bills.

I looked at a couple houses in the neighborhood to see what I can afford when my lease is up. I was satisfied with the results.

My kids are doing great in school. We've instituted some nightly traditions which they really enjoy. The first one is fruit of the night, where we try an exotic fruit each evening. The Asian Pear was a huge hit, even Caleb ate some, which is a miracle. The second is video gaming. We spend about half an hour a night playing Wii or Guitar Hero as a family, cheering each other on.

I finally beat my cousin, Tim in Scrabble on Facebook. My other cousin Mickey is coming out to visit in a couple weeks.

I've stepped up my workouts, gained a workout partner, and went back to my overly regimented diet of brown rice and beans, all of which helped me lose 8 pounds this month.

Spiritually, I've been attending a Church Class one night a week, which has me really thinking more about that sort of thing than I ever have before.

I think my new haircut is pretty sweet.

Not to brag, but I guess my point is that I'm pretty happy with what I've been able to accomplish lately.

That all could change instantly, but as for now, life is good!

1 comment:

Emi Edgley said...

this is all very good... if only i could catch some of your zeal! keep up the good work.