Thursday, April 17, 2008

Knowing Bob may Induce Nightmares

Most of you have been following my situation with April and the aunt and uncle she lives with.

For those of you that aren't up on it, April and I have been dating, but keeping it from the aunt and uncle because they are not cool with it. They say it's because my divorce is not final, but now I'm suspecting other reasons unknown to me.

April woke up this morning and stepped outside her room to go get a shower. Her aunt was waiting for her and said "Where have you been at night."

April told her that she'd been working on her high school class reunion stuff and last night went to the mall with her friend Karen and grabbed dinner.

Her aunt told her that she's been having nightmares about Bob (me) and she doesn't trust him (me) at all. She then expressed her opinion yet again that April should stay away from me. Keep in mind that I haven't spent more than 45 seconds talking to this aunt. It was mainly small talk at church and I never felt as though I left an impression like that.

April has become numb to all of this. I've met most of her immediately family by now and we all get along great, and she has their approval to hang out with me. This continued assault from the aunt is only going to distance April from her, who is now looking into renting a room in the area solely so she can be out of her control.

2 comments:

Never A True Aggie said...

That is weird. Yes, I agree she needs to move out. We will think if we know any single gals in the area. She could check up at the university. There might be a grad student or something that is looking. The singles ward may also have some ideas. Actually, now is a good time because all the college kids are leaving for graduation so there will be some open slots around town. That just really sucks. It is good that you are in good with her family. We have a friend out there who had a somewhat similar situation. His father in law bought every one of his children a house, yes a house, for their wedding. He did not get one because he did not go on a mission and at the time, he could not get married in the temple. Since then, they have been sealed, but still no house. One highlight, the father in this bizarro family bought off of ebay the dress of the mormon american idol girl. Good luck and we are glad you are having some fun.

Unknown said...

I like that you used the words "April" and "shower" in the same sentence.
April..mechanic from Knight Rider...good name.