Tuesday, April 22, 2008

13.1


I survived my first half-marathon.
My time was 2 hours 8 minutes. Not quite my goal of 2 hours, but my main goal was to finish. I can work on improving my time in future races.

The highlight was when I was about a mile and a half from the finish, and my sweet kids were there with April to cheer me on.
I stopped to give them hugs and thank them for coming when a funny thing happened. My legs thought the race was over, and as I started to finish the last mile and a half they begged me to give out.

So, a new rule for anyone wanting to cheer me on… don't let me stop unless you are at the finish line.

2 comments:

Emi Edgley said...

Impressive, this marathon stuff is serious business you know.

I couldn't believe it when you TURNED AROUND and run back up the hill at mile 3 to say "Hi!".

We were so impressed to see you out on the course.

Maybe next year I will move from the role of lawn chair screamer to participant in the race.

Janelle said...

Wow Bob - good job.