Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Did Not Suck So Much!

It's New Years Eve already. 2007 has come and almost gone. I wish I could say the year has flown by, but in many ways it has been agonizingly long and drawn out. It started with uncertainty and fear, quickly gave me a harsh dose of reality, and left me dazed, battered and beaten. Then it did something strange. As I was laying there down for the count, 2007 picked me up off the mat, taught me that I am stronger than I thought, and left me feeling more confident and assured than I possibly ever have.

A lot of strength and confidence came from having the courage to say enough is enough with the past. At the end of 2006 and the beginning of 2007, I was a wreck. The daily barrage of lies and deception and mistrusts that I was dealing with had worn me down. I was consumed with doubt and worries that I later found out I had no control over. A lot of that newfound strength that came to me in '07 came from you, my friends and family. You listened to me when I had to get things off my chest. You gave me ideas of things to do with my kids to help them enjoy life. You let me know that I have a lot of people I can rely on to help me. You helped me grow in my faith and realize that there is a plan, and although I am being tested more than I ever thought, I am a stronger person for it.

As I entered '07, I remember telling a cooworker how I just wanted to fast forward through 2007, because it was going to suck so bad. Now I can't imagine not going through this. It did suck in many ways. There are so many things that happened this year, that even now when I think about them, leaves me feeling empty and alone, but I know it's behind me.

As I look forward to '08, I am hopeful at all the new experiences I will have, that I would have otherwise missed.

Thank You!

2 comments:

Emi Edgley said...

well said bob... we've had similar years, and can understand your sentiments.

what does not kill us, makes us stronger... we hope!

Unknown said...

Heya! Happy New Year to you and yours.