Friday, December 14, 2007

Cereal Bowl Warnings!


So I was at the grocery store yesterday and saw these cheap Kellogg's cereal bowls for 25 cents each. I knew they were cheap but didn't think they were THIS cheap.They came with the following warning:
Appropriate for Ages 8+
WARNING!
Always use this product with adult supervision. Before each use, inspect the product. Throw away at the first sign of damage or weakness. This product may break if dropped.
WASH THOROUGHLY BEFORE USE.

Wow. What could possibly be wrong with these bowls to warrant this kind of legal-ese? My coworkers and I have a hunch that while underneath their plastic laminate exterior is a brightly-colored image filled with lead paint and/or acid.

What do you think? Should I expose my children to these hazardous cereal bowls?

2 comments:

Emi Edgley said...

Any more dangerous than potential loss of hearing due to earphones on the ipod?

Gregory Zura said...

Lead Paint?

Ahh, what's good enough for the Chinese is good enough for you.