Wednesday, August 6, 2008

July


I've gotten behind again on my blogging. This summer is flying by.
At the end of June, the kids and I flew to Chicago for a family reunion planned by my parents.
It was nice to see all my brothers and sisters in one place, and it meant a lot to my parents.


Here's Caleb and his dog 'Tuffy' enjoying the plane ride. Caleb had a lot of fun flying the friendly skies and was a non-stop chatterbox. This conflicted a bit with my usual plane ride ritual of catching up on my sleep, but I enjoyed sitting by him.

Here's a picture of my parents with almost all of their grandkids.
Josh, their oldest grandkid, was in Peru filming a documentary.

Deciding not torture April with 4 days of my family, I waited until after the reunion to fly her out to see what Chicago is all about.

We went to the Taste of Chicago on July 3. The crowd was estimated at over a million people, and it felt like it. It was at that romantic secluded spot that I asked April to marry me, and she accepted!



We are currently planning an October 15th wedding.
I'll keep you posted on the deets.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you. YOU deserve to be happy and someone to make you feel that way! Congratulations!

SARAH said...

I squealed a little when I read your post- Congrats! Please keep us informed- we are very happy for you!

Bob Conlon said...

I hope it was a good squeal as opposed to a a gasp.

SARAH said...

More of a giddy squeal. Very thrilled for you both!

Janelle said...

Hooray Bob that is so great. Congratulations to you and April.